Monday, October 9, 2017

Monday Morning - 10/9/17


Time to get up and get going.  No matter how long I've been retired, Monday still signals the start of the week, the day to get organized.

Here's a card I made  recently.  I needed something "happy".  I think I achieved that.




water color and pen on
watercolor card stock.

Today is Columbus Day here in the U.S.  One of those confusing holidays where I'm hard pressed to figure out which services and shops are on holiday and which are not.  I do know there is no mail so the card waits to go until tomorrow.

What are your plans for this wonderful Monday?

7 comments:

  1. I still can't get used to Columbus Day not being on the 12th lol. I like the expression on that little girl's face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card! Our plans are to just wait things out this week as we prepare to eventually close on our new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been so worried about you. I saw the news this morning about your area being on fire. They say the smoke is bad for the lungs, too, even if you aren't in a fire area.

    Your card is darling. It certainly made me smile.

    I used to work in a factory in Columbus, KS. We didn't get the day or any holiday off, except Christmas and New Year's day. So, it would have been a work day for me and still is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute happy card! I love your drawing and design - beautiful 😁. I visited my mum and dad today although it's not a holiday here in the UK. Happy Columbus Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, that is a happy cheery card. Someone will be happy to get it for sure! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete