Monday, November 27, 2017

Neighborhood Walk - 11/27/17


When I go for my morning walk I see quite a few plants still in blossom.  I don't know the names of the plants so if you do please tell me.


This plant seems to flower year round.  It makes a long hedge next to one side of a home.  Very cheerful.



Another plant that blossoms most of the year.  Thick stems and leaves, very sturdy looking.


This on I know.  Figs!  It is a beautiful big old tree.  Branches such as this one hang over the fence and above the sidewalk.  Tempting!


This beautiful lily is new to me.  There were about half a dozen planted along a fence line.  It grows similar to a "Naked Lady" lily but I've never seen this lovely color combo before.

These photo's were taken yesterday.  There will be no walking for me this morning as it is pouring rain.  What is the weather like in your neighborhood this morning?

10 comments:

  1. Pretty flowers to walk by. Today we have sunshine and blue skies with the highs reaching 60.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a sunny chilly morning here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you see such pretty and colourful flowers on your walk - beautiful! I recognise the first one, it's a Black-eyed Susan vine (Thunbergia alata), they are such cheery flowers 😁. I also recognised the fig too ...lol 😉. Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had enough hard frosts in Ohio that there are no flowers left. On the other hand, Christmas decorations are springing up everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers on your walk yesterday. I would be tempted to take a fig if it was on public property. I knew friends who had a lemon tree that people would stop and do the same. They didn't mind, since they had so many lemons, anyway.

    It was quite windy here today, but the sun is shining at least. Hope it stops raining soon, because I have seen the devastation the rains have caused up and down the coast this autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice to still see flowers and color on your walk.Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, as another has already said, that is a Black-eyed Susan in the first picture. I have always liked them, but they were declared a noxious week in our State because they often run quite rampant. They are rarely seen now. The last one looks like what we call Hippeastrum, a lily, but I think is called Amaryllis in America. They grow from bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thunbergia, Black-eyed Susan vine
    Camellia
    Tempting, as you say!
    Amaryllis, normally grown as a winter blooming houseplant but hardy in CA- you see lots of red ones for sale as Christmas gifts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those flowers that are still blooming in the fall. All I have still in bloom is a scraggly wild sunflower. I might look into that black-eyed susan vine, but I'm thinking it probably needs more sun than I can provide. I need a replacement for the sunflowers.

    I've forgotten what rain is like. It's dry here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful that you still have flowers blooming there and even all year round. Actually warmed up here and is 44 degrees right now--but with wind advisories out with gusts up to 30-35mph. Have a super week. :)

    ReplyDelete